Bound and gagged woman: What we know
What happened?• A woman jumped from the boot of a speeding silver sedan on Huia Rd, near the corner of East Tamaki Rd, Papatoetoe, at about 7pm yesterday.
Who is the victim?• An Asian woman in her late 30s to early 40s.
Bound and gagged woman 'jumps from moving car' in Papatoetoe
Kidnappings that shocked New Zealand
What is her status?• She is in a critical condition and her injuries are "causing concern" in Middlemore Hospital this morning.
• After she jumped from the boot she could not talk, had a bleeding nose and was frothing at the mouth after falling to the road, a witness said.
Has her abductor been caught?• A major manhunt is under way as the driver of the car, who police had not identified last night, remains at large.
• A witness said the driver did not appear to realise the woman had jumped from the boot.
• The car sped down Huia Rd and towards Motatau Rd.
How did the victim escape?• She may have used a piece of metal, seen lying on the road, to open the boot, a witness said.
How was the victim held?• The woman's legs and hands were tied, and she had been "strangled" around the neck with cloth strips, a witness said.
What happens now?• The East Tamaki Rd area was cordoned off by police last night, disrupting access to the Southern Motorway.
• Huia Rd remains cordoned off this morning as police conduct a scene examination
• There is no confirmation of any arrests but police are seeking any information from the public.
• Manukau Police say they will be releasing an update on the Papatoetoe incident later this morning.