Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Alphabe-Thursday: Alphabet letter E: edible

At Mangere mountain, I saw these mushrooms and asked my friends if they are edible. She joked that these may be magic mushrooms and might make you happy.

Almost a hundred years ago, when my maternal grandma was a young woman, the Chinese beliefs were a woman has no standing in the society. When she was young, she was subjected to her dad, when she was married to her husband and mother in law, and in her old age, to her son.

My grandma told us why she didn't eat mushroom. The villagers found a whole lot of mushroom. She and two other young women were made to cook them but not allowed to eat them. 

Grandma said God had eyes, all except the three women were drunk in stupor, they were in a coma state for three days. She thought the people had died.

They were so stoned. Magic mushroom could stone elephants. My Sri Lankan friend gave me this " stoned" elephant and it reminds me of my grandma.






http://jennymatlock.blogspot.co.nz/




search/label/Alphabe-Thursday




No comments:

Post a Comment