Friday, August 8, 2014

The ordinary: fences




In this book, I described some houses like this.




 Fences screaming,
Go away,
Get off my property.

Fences screaming,
mind your business,
I mind mine.

Fences screaming.
There is something sinister.
I wonder what?

Is it a hydro house?
Is it a home imprisonment?
Is there something unlawful?

I lament the time when I was growing up,
we just cross to our neighbour's house.
Gone is such a bygone era.

I am glad, I still live in a house like this.
I am glad, I never lived in a fence in house.
I would feel claustrophobic.

http://mytownshootout.blogspot.co.nz/

The Ordinary [Friday My Town Shoot Out] [Link-Up]

Sometimes the best things in life are the ordinary and small happenings. This Friday share something ordinary from your town that delights you every time.

2 comments:

  1. the fence with tree branches protruding around it,that's something non ordinary! not a common sight like this, such a beauty in my eyes. And yes I'm back again to photo-blogging, but no daily post this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a well-known poem that says 'good fences make good neighbors'. But I know what you mean too. I also grew up in a neighborhood where we kids had the run of everybody's yard .... no boundaries and we loved it. Times have changed though everywhere I think.

    ReplyDelete